The time has flown and this pregnancy is quickly coming to an end. If I stop and think about it I truly cannot believe that my little peanut will be here in three weeks. THREE weeks!!! Every time I leave the house I think this could potentially be the last time I setup out while pregnant. I’ll admit I’m terrified of my water breaking in public and rushing around like a maniac like they portray in the movies. Luckily the percentage is only something like 15% that this happens too and I’m banking on being in the other 85%, although I’m sure this comes with its disadvantages like induced labor. All these things run through my mind and quite honestly freak me out, however I know that this is something I have no control over, labor and delivery will happen as it is intended to. I guess its the fear of the unknown, my last hospital stay was any thing but pleasant and its extremely scary stepping into the same place (although for different reasons) again. Talk about giving me the chills, I could almost pass out just thinking of the florescent lighting and sterile cold rooms. Yuck! Anyways this is a bump update so I guess I should switch gears from fears to baby update.
How Far Along: 37 weeks and one day! Shits getting real!!!
Size of Baby: Depending on which baby app: he is the size of romaine lettuce or a honeydew melon.
Gender: Still a boy haha!
Name: Were still a little on the fence about this but I love hearing your recommendations!
Movement: This kid is still nuts! Kicking and dancing up a storm. All of his limbs (little feet, hands, arms and legs) are high up in my rib cage and his head has been down low for weeks. Its hard to bend forward with all those limbs stuck in my ribs and he always kicks at me when I hunch over haha.
Cravings: Still no real food cravings but I’m going strong on my lavender essential oil craving. I finished a bottle and had to order another one. I also recently ordered a lavender spray for my pillow but its just not the same haha. I’m obsessed with that oil.
Body Changes: Whelp, I kept thinking maybe I’ll be the exception to the rule and my stomach will stay pretty small all the way through to the end of this pregnancy. Fast forward from 34 weeks to 37 and I feel like I swallowed a small basketball. Every morning I’m in disbelief that my stomach continues to grown more and more over night. Its quite incredible what our bodies are capable of enduring.
Pressures or Pains: I’ve experienced a lot of cramping and pains throughout this pregnancy (early labor contractions is what the nurse at my doctors office explained) sometimes they are so intense that I have to lay down for a little bit. They go away for now, so I know that I’m not in labor quite yet. I keep thinking, how will I know when I do go into labor if my water doesn’t break? From everything I’ve read I’ll just “know” haha. I have a Doctors appointment today and I’m definitely going to ask him.
Pregnancy Symptoms: Unfortunately the dreaded restless leg syndrome is still annoying me every night and my acid reflux has gotten so bad that I literally can’t sleep. I pretty much throw up in my mouth all night long and feel like a dragon with a deep burning fire in my throat. Super glamorous. Also all the nauseous feelings are back! I didn’t even know this could happen but apparently you can get nauseous and sick to your stomach in the last few weeks! Oh and I can’t forget the swollen ankles, if I’m sitting on a barstool or anything elevated it seems to cut off the circulation and my ankles swell up. Talk about kankles haha!
Maternity Clothes: Still a strong believer in working with what you’ve got, however I have picked up a couple of dresses that I pretty much live in. I never found a good pair of maternity jeans (they just never seemed to fit right) so at this point I’ve decided to just chalk up the jean dream and wait and hopefully I’ll fit into all my high waisted jeans shortly after baby! I miss my high waisted jeans so much!
Wedding Rings On or Off: Still on
Baby Shower: Yes! I have a little family and close friends shower this weekend that I am looking forward too!
Favorite Little Luxury: My hubby plays (runs his fingers through my hair) at night when were laying in bed and its the best feeling in the world (other than baby kicks) and I look forward to it every.single.day. Now I can’t wait for him to come home and play with my hair tonight haha.
Updated To Do List:
-Pack hospital bag
-Pick out car seat and stroller
-Wash clothes and go through baby things after shower
-Set up his bassinet and little area in our room